Chris Miller – Resume
A life-long programmer, maker, and technology enthusiast seeking full-time or contract employment in the field of embedded electronics with exposure to hardware design. Open to relocation.
VICE-PRESIDENT, BOZEMAN MAKERSPACE, BOZEMAN, MT — 2017 TO PRESENT
Plan and teach classes on electronics, software, CAD, art techniques, and hobbies. Develop social media posts, create tools and necessary hardware.
INDEPENDENT WEB DEVELOPER, TRAILHEAD INTERACTIVE, LIVINGSTON, MT — 2001 TO PRESENT
Full-stack web developer and consultant serving clients around the world. Specializing in Drupal CMS customization and database design, creation and data migration.
SDK SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, OPENDESIGN, INC. – REDMOND, WA — 2001
Created example code, documentation, and helped develop a startup B2B product.
SDK SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, MICROSOFT CORP, REDMOND, WA — 1998 TO 2000
Created build related tools to transform XML metadata into HTML documents for use in help files. Fixed bugs and updated functionality in Windows Platform SDK samples across the full spectrum of Microsoft APIs.
- C/C++ and Python
- Atmel MCU – with and without Arduino IDE
- STM32 with GCC toolchain and CubeMX
- ESP8266/32 Arduino and Micropython
- Register level programming of hardware
- API design and language bindings
- Multimedia with Libcinder, LibSDL, OpenGL
- Git, GitHub, Git flow
- Remote and local debugging
- WiFi and Bluetooth integration
- MqTT publish and subscribe
- I2C, SPI, 1 wire, serial
- Digital circuit design
- One-off hardware construction
- Eagle and KiCad PCB layout, milling, ordering
- Soldering, SMD, assembly and minor rework
- Troubleshoot with scope, analyzer, multimeter
- 2d/ 3d CAD/CAM, CNC, 3d Print, Laser